Living in Peoria, Arizona means dealing with extreme temperatures which can get uncomfortable quickly. If you find that your air conditioner is blowing warm air when it should be cooling your home, there could be a few different issues causing the problem. Here are some of the top 5 reasons why an air conditioner may blow warm air. Air conditioner repair in Peoria, AZ is essential in order to ensure your family’s comfort.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: The refrigerant levels in your need to be properly maintained for optimal performance and temperature regulation. If the levels become too low, it could cause warm air to blow from the vents instead of cold. This issue can often be solved by simply adding more refrigerant to the system; however, if this does not work or if you notice any leaks, you should contact a qualified HVAC technician for air conditioner repair in Peoria, AZ as soon as possible.
- Dirty Air Filter: A clogged and dirty air filter can restrict the airflow through your system, meaning that it will not be able to produce cold air correctly. This is an easy fix; simply replace the old filter with a clean one and make sure you check them regularly according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Frozen Coils: If there is too much dirt or dust built up on your evaporator coils they can become frozen due to blocked airflow which prevents proper circulation of cool air throughout your home. It is recommended that you hire a professional HVAC technician for air conditioner repair in Peoria, AZ to properly thaw your evaporator coils and clean them.
- Faulty Thermostat: If your thermostat is not calibrated correctly, it can cause the air conditioner to continuously run even when the desired temperature has been reached, leading to warm air blowing from the vents instead of cold. Make sure you have an HVAC technician check out your thermostat if you suspect this is the issue behind your warm air problem. AC replacement near Peoria, AZ is recommended if the thermostat is not working correctly and cannot be repaired
- Worn-Out Parts: Over time components of your system such as the motor or compressor may start to wear out which could lead to warm air being blown through the vents instead of cool air. This often requires a professional HVAC technician to assess and repair the damage.
If you are having issues with warm air coming from your air conditioner, contact a qualified HVAC technician for air conditioner repair in Peoria, AZ as soon as possible to ensure your family’s comfort! Taking care of AC problems quickly can help prevent further damage and more costly repairs down the line. Be sure to have your system checked twice a year if you live in an area like Peoria that has extreme temperatures. This way, you’ll always be prepared when the heat strikes!
At Five Star Air, our skilled technicians are here to help with AC installation and repair in Sun City, AZ, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get your home cooling system running again. We look forward to serving you!