It’s that time of year again. The weather is getting warmer and you know what that means- it’s time to start thinking about your air conditioner. An air conditioner tune-up is an essential part of maintaining your AC unit and ensuring it runs efficiently all summer long.
There are a few things you can do to prepare your air conditioner for the warmer months ahead. In this article, we’ll give you a complete guide to tuning up your AC unit so it’s ready to go when you need it most.
What is Air Conditioning Tune-Up?
An air conditioner tune-up is a preventive maintenance procedure that helps keep your AC unit running smoothly and efficiently. The purpose of a tune-up is to clean, inspect, and adjust all the parts of your air conditioner so it can operate at peak performance.
An annual AC tune-up is important because it can help you avoid costly repairs down the road. It’s also a good way to ensure that your air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible, which can save you money on your energy bills.
The best time to schedule an air conditioner tune-up is in the spring before the weather gets too hot. This way, you can be sure that your AC unit is ready to go when you need it most.
What Does an Air Conditioning Tune-Up Include?
A typical AC tune-up will include the following:
- Cleaning the air conditioner’s coils and evaporator
- Inspecting the air conditioner’s refrigerant levels
- Cleaning the air conditioner’s condenser
- Inspecting the air conditioner’s compressor
- Lubricating the air conditioner’s moving parts
- Adjusting the air conditioner’s belts and filters
- Checking the air conditioner’s thermostat
- Testing the air conditioner’s overall performance
How to Prepare for an Air Conditioning Tune-Up?
There are a few things you can do to prepare for an AC tune-up:
- Clear any debris around the air conditioner’s outdoor unit: This includes leaves, twigs, and other debris that could prevent the technician from accessing the unit. Make sure the air conditioner’s outdoor unit is easily accessible so the technician can do their job properly.
- Turn off the power to the air conditioner: Before the technician arrives, be sure to turn off the power to the air conditioner at the breaker box. This will prevent any accidents from happening while the technician is working on your unit.
- Prepare any questions you have: Write down any questions you have about your air conditioner so you can ask the technician during the tune-up. This is a great opportunity to get some expert advice on how to keep your AC unit running smoothly.
What to Expect During an Air Conditioning Tune-Up?
During an AC tune-up, the technician will first inspect the air conditioner’s outdoor unit. They will then move on to the indoor unit and check all the connections and wiring. Once they have finished their inspection, they will start cleaning the various parts of the air conditioner.
After the air conditioner has been cleaned and inspected, the technician will make any necessary adjustments. This may include changing the air filter, Lubricating the moving parts, or adjusting the belts. Once all the adjustments have been made, the technician will test the air conditioner to make sure it’s running properly.
What Is The Cost Of Air Conditioning Tune-Up In Peoria, AZ?
The cost of an air conditioner tune-up in Peoria, AZ will vary depending on the size of your unit and the scope of work. However, most AC tune-ups will fall in the range of $750-$1500.
Schedule Your Air Conditioning Tune-Up With Five Star Air Today!
It’s important to have your air conditioner serviced regularly to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. If you’re due for an AC tune-up, be sure to contact a reputable HVAC contractor in your area. They will be able to perform a thorough inspection of your unit and make any necessary adjustments to keep it running properly.
Five Star Air is a leading provider of air conditioning tune-ups in Peoria, AZ. We have a team of experienced technicians who are qualified to perform AC tune-ups on all makes and models of air conditioners.
Contact us today at 623-244-0414 to schedule a consultation.