Replacing your home’s air conditioning unit can be a daunting task. But by following these simple steps, you can make the process go as smoothly as possible. So if you’re ready to upgrade your AC system, read on for some tips on how to get prepared.
1. Schedule an appointment with a professional: In order to ensure that your AC replacement goes smoothly, it’s important to schedule an appointment with a qualified HVAC contractor. This way, you can be sure that the job will be done properly and that your new unit will be properly installed.
2. Choose the right size unit: When you’re replacing your AC unit, it’s important to choose a unit that is the right size for your home. If you choose a unit that is too small, it won’t be able to effectively cool your home and could end up costing you more money in the long run. Conversely, if you choose a unit that is too large, it will be less energy-efficient and could end up costing you more in monthly utility bills.
3. Get your ductwork checked: Another important step in preparing for AC replacement in Peoria, AZ is to have your ductwork checked by a professional. This will ensure that there are no leaks or blockages that could prevent your new unit from working properly.
4. Install a new thermostat: Once you have your new AC unit, it’s important to install a new thermostat. This will help to ensure that your unit is able to maintain a consistent temperature in your home.
5. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions: Finally, when you’re ready to install your new AC unit, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. This will help to prevent any damage to your unit and will also ensure that it works properly.
By following these simple steps, you can be sure that your AC replacement goes as smoothly as possible. And by doing so, you can save yourself both time and money in the long run.
What Are The Benefits Of Scheduling AC Replacement With A Pro?
When it comes to your home’s comfort and energy efficiency, your air conditioner is a vital component. Not only does a well-functioning AC unit keep your family cool and comfortable during the hot summer months, but it also helps to regulate the indoor temperature year-round.
If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it. Although it may seem like a daunting and expensive task, there are several benefits to scheduling AC replacement with a professional HVAC contractor.
1. Improved Energy Efficiency
One of the main reasons to replace an older air conditioner is improved energy efficiency. Over time, air conditioners lose their efficiency due to normal wear and tear. This means that they have to work harder to cool their home, which leads to higher energy bills.
Newer AC units are much more energy-efficient, thanks to advances in technology. In fact, today’s models are up to 60% more efficient than units that were produced just 10 years ago. This means that you’ll save money on your energy bills each month, and you’ll also be doing your part to help the environment.
2. Enhanced Comfort
Another benefit of replacing your air conditioner is enhanced comfort. Older units often struggle to maintain a consistent temperature in your home, which can leave you feeling hot and sticky.
In addition, newer AC units are much quieter than their older counterparts. This means that you won’t have to deal with the loud, disruptive noise that is often associated with older air conditioners.
3. Improved Air Quality
If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies or asthma, you know how important it is to have clean air in your home. Unfortunately, older air conditioners often circulate dust, pollen, and other allergens throughout your home.
Newer AC units come equipped with filters that capture these allergens before they have a chance to circulate through your home’s air. This can make a big difference in the air quality of your home and may even help to improve your family’s overall health.
4. Increased Home Value
If you’re thinking about selling your home in the future, replacing your air conditioner is a great way to increase its value. Many homebuyers are willing to pay more for a home that has a newer, energy-efficient AC unit.
In addition, replacing your air conditioner can also help to make your home more attractive to potential buyers. If you’re planning on putting your home on the market in the near future, scheduling AC replacement with a professional contractor is a wise investment.
5. Peace of Mind
Finally, replacing your air conditioner can give you peace of mind. Knowing that your family will be comfortable in your home and that your energy bills will be lower, can provide a sense of relief.
Newer AC units often come with warranties that cover repairs or replacement costs. This means that you won’t have to worry about unexpected repair bills if something goes wrong with your unit.
AC replacement is a big decision, but it’s one that comes with many benefits. If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, scheduling an AC replacement with a professional HVAC contractor in Peoria, AZ is the best way to ensure that your family is comfortable in your home.
Five Star Air is a leading provider of AC services in Peoria, AZ. Our team of experienced professionals can help you select the perfect unit for your home and budget. To learn more about our AC replacement services, contact Five Star Air Conditioning today at 623-244-0414.